Thursday, February 20, 2014

Coca-Cola Life...Will it come to the US?

Not sure if it will come to the US, but while I was visiting South America last month, I got a chance to try Coke's new product, Coca-Cola Life.  They are testing this product in Argentina and Chile with some major advertisements on TV, billboards and the side of trucks all around.  It is being promoted as a lighter alternative to regular Coke, as it has less than half the calories.  However, those that drink Diet Coke know that there are no calories in the diet version.  So - not an alternative to Diet Coke - but to regular Classic Coke and maybe Coke Zero?


I was intrigued by it's green can and how it might taste in comparison to Classic Coke and/or Diet Coke (Coke Light for those outside of the US).  My first impression was it tasted a little like regular Classic Coke with some subtle but distinguishable difference in the sweetener taste.  It is supposedly a similar formula to regular Coke, which is very different than the formula for Diet Coke.  I don't drink soda that often, but with all the Coke choices, I prefer Diet Coke over everything else - so when/if Coca-Cola Life comes to the US, I probably will not switch over to it.

Would you try Coca-Cola Life?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!